Welcome Back, Class of 2017!
We’re so glad you are here at UT to continue your college experience! Your sophomore year is a crucial year; it’s a time for you to get more involved in your major, learn more about volunteer and student organizations on campus, get involved in your field of study, and much more! Check out the links on the right to help you make the most out of your sophomore year!
Advice for Sophomores
Your second year is an exciting time and can also be full of challenges. Being aware of the opportunities, such as undergraduate research and internships as well as pitfalls, such as higher academic expectations and increased demands on your time, is the first step to success. Think about what you want to accomplish and how you plan to accomplish it, including a plan for what to do when challenges arise.
Take these steps to stay on the path for academic success:
- Reconnect with friends
- Meet with your academic advisor
- Meet with a counselor at the Center for Career Development
- Think about studying abroad
- Engage in research projects with faculty
- Look into additional scholarship opportunities
- Participate in exercise classes at TRECS
- Get involved on campus