» Tutoring@SSC » BECOME A TUTOR!
If you want to have fun, meet new people, improve your interpersonal and communication skills, self-confidence, and understanding of a subject area, tutoring might be the job for you!
How To Apply
- Complete a tutor application
- Email a resume and a copy of your academic history here
- In your e-mail, also include the name of a faculty/staff member who recommends you to tutor. Include names for each course in which you wish to tutor
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at the UTK
- Meet employment criteria of the University of Tennessee
- Have a B average or better in each course wishing to tutor
- Have successfully completed 24 cumulative hours at UTK
- Interview with the Assistant Director for Tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, and Learning Assistance.
- Complete tutor training
- Encourage students to become independent learners through questioning and assessment
- Adhere to work schedule
- Tutor registered students
- Check email and/or file for departmental correspondence
- Communicate schedule changes, concerns, issues with supervisor
- Complete paper work (Logs, Sign-in/Sign-out sheets, Timesheets, etc.)
- Create a positive academic learning environment
- Uphold rules and policies of the center
- Communicate rules and policies to tutees
- Continually review subject content
- Assist in office duties as requested for the Tutoring Program