The Professional Development Committee for the Academic Advising Community at UT, Knoxville will serve as a committee formed to offer and create varied opportunities of professional growth and development for the Academic Advising Community at UT, Knoxville.
The primary role of the professional development committee will be to:
- Serve, with guidance of the AVP for Student Success, to offer opportunities of professional development.
- Plan the annual academic advising and student success conference.
- Plan additional opportunities for retreats, webinar viewings, and additional opportunities of development.
- Work with the AVP for Student Success office to lead an advisor onboarding program.
Areas of Focus
- Academic Advising and Student Success Conference
- Retreats, webinar viewings, and additional opportunities of development
- Advisor onboarding program
- Programmatic Evaluation
Benefits of Membership
- Give back: Opportunity to share professional expertise, insights, and experiences.
- Work with peers: Experience valuable networking opportunities.
- Strategic Dialogue: Engage in strategic dialogue and participate in robust discussions that will help shape efforts to support the professional development of the academic advising community.
- Sharpen leadership skills: Participate in committee work and sharpen leadership skills in a supportive environment.
- Amanda Tompkins, Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration
- Emilie Wise, College of Arts & Sciences
- Byron Keys, College of Communication & Information
- Chris King, College of Education, Health & Human Services
- Margaret Huffstetler, College of Social Work
- Alysa Schoenfeld, Haslam College of Business
- Jeremy Mobley, Division of Student Success
- Lacey Wood, Division of Student Success
- Roger Gray, Tickle College of Engineering