Careers in Marketing, Advertising, and Sales offer opportunities for people who might enjoy persuading or influencing people around them. This cluster is a good fit if you are interested in learning more about marketing a product or service; if you see yourself in a more collaborative and corporate environment; if you have good communication and management skills; and if you are interested in leading people, conceptualizing new content and media campaigns, or developing and tracking strategic plans. We invite you to explore this cluster to determine if it is a good fit for you and leverage our resources to launch your job, internship, or graduate school search.
Make an Appointment with a Career Coach
Step One: Log into your Handshake account Step Two: Click on Career Center in the top right, Appointments, and then Schedule a New Appointment Step Three: Choose one of the following Appointment Categories: Resume/CV Review, Industry Research/Finding Experience, Graduation Professional School, Job Search Step Four: Choose one of the following industries: Arts, Architecture, Media, and Communications Industries OR Business Industry Step Five: Choose the appointment time and date that work for you!
Example Career Paths and Job Titles
- Ad Club
- Work on promoting your personal or artistic brand. Because they’re so readily available, many employers have come to expect applicants to have their work (writing, design work, blog posts) presented somewhere online. If you take the opportunity to create a portfolio or website before you submit it, you won’t be defined by what can be found in a Google search.
- American Advertising Federation (AAF)
- Association of National Advertisers (ANA)
- The Association for Women in Communications
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
- American Marketing Association
- Sales and Marketing Executives International
- American Association for Public Opinion Research
- American Association of Advertising Agencies
- Advertising Educational Foundation
- Advertising Research Foundation