Student employment, also known as Job Location & Development (JLD), is a federally funded service. The mission of JLD is to assist students in finding jobs and to promote self-help in educational financing, as well as to encourage a sense of personal achievement and the development of positive values. Part-time jobs are on and off campus.
Finding and Applying for Opportunities
Part-Time Employment Job Fair
The Part-Time Employment Job Fair is held each year at the beginning of fall semester. Be sure to check out the events and job fair page in Handshake to learn about this year’s date and attending employers!
Also, check out this page with a list of employers hiring in the Downtown Knoxville area!
The Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration posts all part-time and seasonal opportunities for UT students in Handshake and hosts annual job fairs for students to connect with employers.
- Complete Profile
- Access Handshake and complete your profile.
- Search Part-Time Jobs
- After you have completed your profile, use the Dashboard to search jobs. Note: you can narrow the options by choosing job types “part-time” and “on-campus”.
- Start a Resume and Practice Interviewing
- Learn How to Spot Fraudulent Jobs
- Review our Fraudulent and Scam Job Postings Guide to learn how to identify red flags.
Additional part-time positions may be available through the Federal Work-Study program for qualifying students. UT’s One Stop Student Services administers work study money and assignments.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is financial aid that is based on financial need and must be earned through student employment. Many job opportunities are available to eligible students on- or off-campus and these experiences can be great sources of professional development.