Prepare: Plan ahead to succeed!
- So you know what to expect on the big day, get familiar with the test parameters including the window of time to complete the exam, the minutes provided to complete it, and the test format – is it multiple choice, essay, fill-in the blank, a combination, or something else?
- Even if your exam is open-book, review study materials ahead of time to set yourself up for success. Don’t forget, checking notes and books during the exam, cuts down on the time you have to take it.
- Check your tech! Now is a good time to schedule computer updates and double check you have and can use the technology required to take the exam. OIT is here to help if you need assistance with technology.
Focus: Keep your mind on the prize!
- Find a quiet, uncluttered, and comfortable place to take the exam
- To reduce distractions, keep only the exam window open on your computer and turn your cell phone on silent during the exam
- If you encounter technical problems, don’t panic. If your ability to complete the exam is compromised, contact your instructor immediately and document the problem to the best of your ability. Contact OIT for assistance, if needed.
- If time allows, before you hit “submit” on your exam, review your answers and rework any problems that challenged you.
Review: Assess your performance!
- Take a deep breath and celebrate you’re one step closer to completing a successful semester!
- Take a few minutes to decompress before moving on to the next task.
- Reflect on your performance and see if you can locate answers to questions that challenged you.
- Check your grade and review instructor feedback.