As a UT LEAD student, you’re required to attend at least one event from the following categories: Leadership, Excellence/Achievement, and Diversity.
To record your attendance at these events, we’ve set up a VOLink page: https://volink.utk.edu/
Check out our guide on how to record your events here:
Logging LEAD Events on VOLink
Looking for an event to attend? Check out our calendar and list of suggestions below (each event has a link to more details including times and locations):
*Listed events are not inclusive of every event that can fulfill this requirement. Please feel free to attend other qualifying events you find that aren’t posted.*
Experiences that expose students to leadership experiences inside and outside the classroom including leadership conferences, service opportunities, and leadership positions.
- January 13th – MLK Day of Service
- February 14th, 5-6pm, Panhellenic 202 – Love and Leadership Workshop – RSVP HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/jjG1KvlXeahaZIyl2
- March 12-17th – Alternative Spring Break – https://leadershipandservice.utk.edu/alternative-break-program/
- April 13th – Volunteer or Participate in Relay for Life
- Bingo With The Elderly (Fridays throughout the semester) – Check out http://leadershipandservice.utk.edu/sign-up-to-serve/ for more information.
- Tyson House’s Smokey’s Pantry has volunteer opportunities each Tuesday throughout the semester. If you’d like to volunteer, contact Rusty Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-384-9875 to see when there are available spots.
- The Center for Leadership and Service also has opportunities to volunteer throughout the semester. Check out their calendar and sign up here: http://leadershipandservice.utk.edu/sign-up-to-serve/
- Volunteer Opportunities from the Office of Sustainability: https://environment.utk.edu/volunteer-opportunities/
- Volunteer with the Love Kitchen
- Check out a summary of their hours here: Love Kitchen Volunteer Times
- Other experiences that can fulfill this requirement:
- Joining a residence hall council and taking a leadership role
- Joining SGA
- Taking a leadership role in a club or organization
Experiences that expose students to excellence and achievement inside and outside the classroom including undergraduate research, meeting with an Academic Coach, attending an educational workshop, completing a career assessment and meeting with a career consultant, and participating in Educational Advancement Program.
- January 29th – 2:30-4:30 – HBB Stokely Hospitality Suite – *Registration Required* – IMPLOYED: Using Improv Skills in Job Interviews – https://career.utk.edu/events/imployed-using-improv-skills-in-job-interviews/
- February 7th – 5:30-7pm – CCD 229 – Freelance Workshop – https://career.utk.edu/events/freelance-workshop/
- February 14th – Attend or Present at the 40th CCI Research Symposium – http://www.cci.utk.edu/research/symposium
- February 28th and March 28th – 11am-1pm – Science and Engineering Research Facility (SERF) – Floors 2-4 – Engineering Career Connection – https://career.utk.edu/events/engineering-career-connection-2/
- April 16-20th – Attend or Present at EUReCA – https://eureca.utk.edu/
- April 21st – Attend or Present at the Undergraduate Math Conference – https://www.math.utk.edu/UGConf/
- Life Skills Series
- January 17th – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 225 – Understanding Your Taxes https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-understanding-your-taxes/
- January 31st – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 225 – How to Evaluate Benefits – https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-how-to-evaluate-benefits/
- February 21st – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 225 – Retirement and Investments – https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-retirement-investments/
- March 7th – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 229 – Your Credit Report – https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-your-credit-report/
- March 21st – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 229 – Excelling the 1st Year on the Job – https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-excelling-the-1st-year-on-the-job/
- April 4th – 5:30-6:30pm – CCD 225 – Vol for Life: Being an Involved Alum – https://career.utk.edu/events/the-life-skills-series-vol-for-life-being-an-involved-alum/
- Other Experiences that can fulfill this requirement:
- Attend an Academic Coaching Appointment
Experiences that expose students to diversity experiences inside and outside the classroom including attending an event hosted by the Diversity Educators, Safe Zone Training, and any cultural events, programs, or training that enhance intercultural skills.
- January 22nd – 2018 MLK Day Celebration – https://multicultural.utk.edu/programs/bcpc/events/mlkday/
- January 23rd – 12-1:30pm – Howard Baker Center Tyoyota Auditorium – African American Trailblazer Award – https://trailblazer.utk.edu
- February 3rd – Black Issues Conference – https://multicultural.utk.edu/events/signature-events/bic/
- February 22nd – 7pm – McClung Museum Auditorium – Karen and Pace Robinson Lecture on Modern Israel – http://judaic.utk.edu/events/ellenson.php
- February 23rd – 7pm – Cox Auditorium – International Dance Competition – https://ihouse.utk.edu/programs/international-dance-competition/
- March 24-25th – Justice Across Borders Conference – http://utkphilgradconference.weebly.com/
- Wednesdays throughout the semester – 1-3pm – Mary Greer Room in Hodges – International Coffee House – https://ihouse.utk.edu/programs/international-coffee-house/
- International Friendship Program – https://ihouse.utk.edu/programs/friendship/
- World Showcase Events – https://ihouse.utk.edu/programs/world-showcase/
- Other resources for finding Diversity related opportunities: