The mission of UT LEAD is to promote undergraduate success, academic excellence, and persistence to graduation through a support program for selected UT students.
After completing your application for enrollment, the university reviews information such as first generation student status and scholarship awards (specifically the Tennessee Promise and/or Pledge Scholarships) to determine your eligibility for the 2 semester UT LEAD program. The SSC will then notify you if you have been selected to participate in the UT LEAD program. It’s that simple.
UT LEAD is built on the principles of Leadership, Excellence, Achievement, and Diversity. As a member, you benefit from and have access to:
- A comprehensive support program that features your own academic coach,
- first-year seminars and academic success workshops,
- tutoring/learning assistance,
- supplemental aid (scholarships),
- and many other excellent resources and programs available to UT students.
Why UT LEAD?
We want you to succeed. Our data, along with comparative national data, show that when students get involved they are more likely to succeed. UT LEAD is a chance for you to connect with your peers and an academic coach. These relationships will help you become a part of the UT community and keep you focused on your academic goals.