Mission: The mission of the UT LEAD program is to promote undergraduate success, academic excellence, and persistence to graduation for first-generation college students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
UT LEAD focuses on Leadership, Excellence and Achievement, and Diversity – all first-generation students are invited to participate.
- Leadership: Experiences that unite and motivate others in the pursuit of a common goal.
- Excellence & Achievement: Experiences that aid in your growth and development as a first-generation college student.
- Diversity: Experiences that acknowledge and celebrate the similarities and differences of others.
What are the Benefits?
As a participant in the UT LEAD program, first-generation scholars benefit from and have access to:
- An Engaging and Inclusive Community of Support
- First-Year Seminars and Academic Success Workshops
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Living and Learning Community (LLC)
- Peer Mentoring with the Student Success Ambassadors (SSA)
- Scholarships ($$$)
Why participate in UT LEAD?
First-Generation Vols are trailblazers and pioneers, and we want you to succeed. UT LEAD scholars participate in a comprehensive academic, social, and cultural program and build relationships with peers, faculty, and staff. These relationships and resources will help you become a part of the UT community and keep you focused on your academic, professional, and personal goals.