Are you returning to Rocky Top this fall? If so, Vols Start Back is your opportunity to re-connect with in-person campus life. Vols Start Back runs from August 14th through October 2nd and will re-engage you with the UT community through dynamic programming and opportunities to connect with faculty, staff, and peers. Student scholars who participate in Vols Start Back will
- Attend a virtual or in-person session to re-engage with academic and campus life resources. Mark your calendar for the in-person Vols Start Back Kick-Off on August 16th!
- Participate in engaging modules through a zero-credit hour seminar around key success topics including
- Academics & Careers
- Social Engagement
- Financial Wellbeing
- Mental & Physical Health
- Community Building
- Engage with faculty, staff, and peers through in-person programming designed to promote your success. Each week during Vols Start Back, you’ll participate in in-person events designed to build upon the theme of each module. Here are a just a few of the many opportunities awaiting you
- August 16, 1-2pm, Student Union 270: Vols Start Back Kick-Off. Join us for swag, food, and fun as you learn about the Vols Start Back program and how it will re-connect you with the UT community
- August 20, 6pm – midnight, Student Union Plaza: Student Engagement Fair. This event is a part of the Vol Night Long Experience. Come learn about all of the ways you can get involved on Rocky Top. This late-night experience including activities, food, games, and more! For more information check out our website go.utk.edu .
- September 8, 9am-4pm, Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration: Choose Your Adventure: Preparing for your Career Journey. Careers are about both the journey and the destination. Join us in the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration for resume tips, free professional clothing from Smokey’s Closet, and professional headshots
- Receive a $50 award for registering and an additional $200 award for completing the program.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Vols Start Back was created in response to COVID-19 and the primarily virtual university experience during the pandemic. Continuing UT students are eligible to apply.