The Office of Academic Inclusive Initiatives (AII) enhances student success by creating policies, programs, and procedures that promote academic excellence, social engagement, and inclusion for all students with an emphasis on forming strategic collaborations to meet the needs of underrepresented populations, including but not limited to, Students of Color and students who are first in their families to attend college.
In order to achieve our mission, the Office of Academic Inclusive Initiatives staff commit to:
- Provide strategic direction and assessment of UT’s retention and persistence efforts to support first-generation, low-income, and racial and ethnic minority students;
- Deliver culturally sensitive and responsive academic and social support and engagement;
- Enhance skills to engage in meaningful conversation and intercultural and intergroup dialogue;
- Promote collaboration with campus and community partners to close the opportunity and achievement gap of underrepresented students;
- Acknowledge, embrace, explore and celebrate differences.
Learn More About AII
The Office of Academic Inclusive Initiatives aspires to create an inclusive and equitable community that embraces diversity, establishes meaningful partnerships, and integrates diversity, equity, and inclusion into scholars’ academic social, and professional experiences. AII strives to establish a campus environment where all scholars feel welcomed, respected, and valued.
- Diversity: We acknowledge, affirm, welcome, respect, and value different voices, identities, beliefs, and cultures to foster a diverse learning environment.
- Inclusivity: We create a welcoming community that fosters an inclusive environment of mattering and belonging.
- Advocacy: We champion and advocate for the elimination of policies, practices and procedures that pose barriers and impede the success of scholars.
- Empowerment and Support: We encourage scholars to express themselves and to use their voice on campus and beyond to become responsible citizens who make positive impacts in a global society.
- Intentional Collaboration: We cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships to maximize the educational experiences of underrepresented scholars.
- Access: We coordinate, implement and evaluate programs, events, and initiatives designed to increase access to higher education and its resources.
- Holistic Development: We integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of learning experience including academic, social, and professional.
- Data-Driven: We engage in ongoing assessment practices to make data-informed decisions.