The Office of Academic Inclusive Initiatives enhances student success by forming strategic collaborations and creating policies, programs, and procedures that promote academic excellence, social engagement, and inclusion for all students with an emphasis on meeting the needs of Students of Color and students who are first in their families to attend college. Academic Inclusive Initiatives accomplishes this goal by coordinating, implementing, and evaluating programs, events, and initiatives designed to:
- Provide strategic direction and assessment of UT’s retention and persistence efforts to support first-generation, low-income, and racial and ethnic minority students;
- Deliver culturally sensitive and responsive academic and social support and engagement;
- Enhance skills to engage in meaningful conversation and intercultural and intergroup dialogue;
- Promote collaboration with campus and community partners to close the opportunity and achievement gap of underrepresented students;
- Acknowledge, embrace, explore and celebrate differences.