The First-Gen Advisory Council (FGAC) serves as a volunteer group formed to offer advice, advocacy, and programmatic evaluation of initiatives for first-generation students in support of student success at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
The primary role of FGAC is to:
- Serve as an independent sounding board for Academic Inclusive Initiatives.
- Offer assessing feedback and recommendations on programs and services to first-gen students.
- Advocate for efforts that support the academic and social success of first-gen students.
- Provide expertise advice in one or more of the following areas: marketing, first-gen academic success, special population advocacy and services, or programmatic efforts.
Areas of Focus
• Retention and Persistence
• Programmatic Evaluation
• Student Services and Advocacy
• Living Learning Community
Advisory Council, 2021-2022
|Talisha Adams||Director of the Office of Academic Inclusive Initiatives|
|Bob Dubois||Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies and Senior Lecturer in Psychology|
|Heather Hall||Career Coach for the Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration|
|Crystal Hardeman-Ikem||Associate Dean for Inclusive Excellence and Director of Multicultural Student Life|
|Toni Jackson||Assistant Director of the Academic Success Center|
|Gina Martin||Director of the Center for Student Alumni Programs|
|Jessica Norment||Senior, Psychology Major: First-Generation Student Representative|
|Craig Pickett||Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for the Herbert College of Agriculture|