The University of Tennessee has a strong partnership with Oak Ridge National Lab, a world-class research institution located only 30 minutes from campus. ORNL offers multiple paid internships for undergraduates in a variety of STEM disciplines. Most opportunities take place in the summer, but some are available year round.
Most opportunities are open to US Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents only. Check program pages for any exceptions.
- DOE Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI)
- Jump into STEM
- ORNL Pathways to Computing Internship Program (PCIP)
- Student Mentoring and Research Training (SMaRT) Summer Internship program
- Undergraduate Research Student Internships – Spring 2024
- Undergraduate Technical and Professional Internships – Spring 2024
Below is a general breakdown of the details of some of the internships available to you at ORNL. The availability and requirements for these programs are subject to change, so please check with the individual program for the most up-to-date information.