Come explore what is possible when you participate in undergraduate research at Discovery Day 2023!
Visit the 1st and 2nd floors of Hodges Library on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 during this two-session event showcasing some of the incredible impact UT undergraduate researchers are having on the world around them AND how you can get involved with research. Session I research posters can be viewed from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm; Session II posters can be viewed from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
What is Discovery Day?
Undergraduate researchers will be presenting their recent projects. All members of the UT community are welcome to attend Discovery Day, peruse the projects on display, and interact with the student-presenters! Whether you are already involved in research, interested in getting started, or just curious, please stop by for a wonderful day of discovery!
Discovery Day 2023 Details
Date: September 12, 2023
Location: Hodges Library 1st & 2nd Floor
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Check-In for Poster Session I
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Poster Session I
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Getting Started with Undergraduate Research Workshop
- Hodges Library Instruction Room 128
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Check-In for Poster Session II
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Poster Session II
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Getting Started with Undergraduate Research Workshop
- Hodges Library Auditorium
closes on August 29th at 11:59 PM EST.
- Finalized abstract
- UTK/UTIA research mentor/advisor
- Upload your finalized poster and abstract to Symposium by September 5 (Symposium is the virtual repository for all Discovery Day projects)
- Print poster. Poster dimensions are requested to be no larger than 36” x 42” regardless of horizontal or vertical orientation (so either 36” tall x 42” wide or 36” wide x 42” tall). Posters must be printed on paper, not foam board.
- Check in one (1) hour prior to your session and hang poster
- Talk with visitors about your research during your session!
Past Discovery Days
You can view past Discovery Day presentations on our virtual site.