Come explore what is possible when you participate in undergraduate research at Discovery Day 2022!
Visit the 1st and 2nd floors of Hodges Library on Tuesday, September 13 during this two-session event showcasing some of the incredible impact UT undergraduate researchers are having on the world around them AND how you can get involved with research. Session I research posters can be viewed from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; Session II posters can be viewed from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
What is Discovery Day?
Undergraduate researchers will be presenting their recent projects. All members of the UT community are welcome to attend Discovery Day, peruse the projects on display, and interact with the student-presenters! Whether you are already involved in research, interested in getting started, or just curious, please stop by for a wonderful day of discovery!
Discovery Day 2022 Details
Date: September 13, 2022
Location: Hodges Library 1st & 2nd Floor
- Poster Session I: 11:30a.m. – 1:00p.m.
- Getting Started with Undergraduate Research Seminar: 1:00 – 2:00 pm (Mary Greer Room, 2nd floor of Hodges)
- Poster Session II: 2:30p.m. – 4:00p.m.
- Getting Started with Undergraduate Research Seminar: 4:00 – 5:00 pm (Mary Greer Room, 2nd floor of Hodges)
Registration for presenting at Discovery Day 2022 closed on September 6.
- Finalized abstract
- UTK/UTIA research mentor/advisor
- Upload finalized poster to Symposium by September 8 (Symposium is the virtual repository for all Discovery Day projects) Link for presenters to upload their posters
- Print poster. Poster dimensions are requested to be no larger than 36” x 42” regardless of horizontal or vertical orientation (so either 36” tall x 42” wide or 36” wide x 42” tall). Posters must be printed on paper, not foam board.
- Check in one (1) hour prior to your session and hang poster
- Talk with visitors about your research during your session!
You can view 2021 Discovery Day presentations on our virtual site, Symposium by ForagerOne, and in the Discovery Day Program Book 2021.