What is the UT Success Academy?
A new approach to maximizing first-year Black and Latinx men’s transition to the Volunteer community and developing their strengths and potential through an innovative four-year customized infrastructure, experiential learning, community building, and transformative experiences, both on and off campus.
Who can participate?
- All first-year students admitted to UT are invited to participate in this program
- Complete program application
- Committed to academic and leadership excellence and the pillars of the UT Success Academy
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting Black and Latinx men and prepared to use knowledge to contribute to the education of their peers
- Customized four-year curriculum with individual academic plans to help student scholars achieve their academic dreams
- Guaranteed $2,000 scholarship for up to four years, pending successful completion of program requirements
- Each year 25 student scholars will receive a paid education abroad trip
- Monthly First Friday events to engage the UT and Knoxville community
- Upper division peer coaching of first-year student scholars
What is required?
Program Curriculum & Requirements
Click here to view detailed program curriculum and requirements.
|Fall Kick-Off Institute: August 8-13||All-Paid Education Abroad||Scholarship Renewal Requirements|
|Student scholars will move into the residence halls three days early and participate in customized pre-orientation program.||After year two, 25 UTSA student scholars will be awarded a fully funded education abroad trip to understand leadership philosophy in a global setting and explore cultures, life experiences, and worldviews through service learning and cultural immersion activities||Maintain 2.50 GPA Program and Curriculum Participation|
|First Year: Understand your Strengths||Second Year: Build Your Strengths||Third & Fourth Years: Stretch Your Strengths|
|Student scholars will take a first-year seminar, receive peer coaching, and participate in LeaderShape-Catalyst.||Student scholars will complete a weekly one-credit-hour seminar, tour industries to expand their career and networking opportunities, and utilize the services of the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration||Student scholars will further develop their strengths through pathway programs like peer coaching, careers, service learning and civic engagement, research, and more!|
Email us at email@example.com to learn more about the UT Success Academy!
In the News
It is the policy of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, that no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or in any way be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity of the University. Participation in the UT Success Academy is open to anybody, regardless of race, ethnicity or gender, if they are capable of facilitating the achievement of its objectives.
Discrimination based on age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status is prohibited.
Any person having a question regarding laws and regulations, or who feels discriminated against, is encouraged to contact UT’s Office of Equity and Diversity, 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37996, (865) 974-2498, or firstname.lastname@example.org.