What is the UT Success Academy?
A new approach to maximizing first-year Black and Latinx men’s transition to the Volunteer community and developing their strengths and potential through an innovative four-year customized infrastructure, experiential learning, community building, and transformative experiences, both on and off campus.
Fall 2023 Application Extended! New Deadline – May 15, 2023
- Log into your Go Vols portal to apply for the UT Success Academy for fall 2023.
- Visit the “Just for You” tab to find the application.
- Be on the lookout in your email to receive an update regarding your status and the next steps in accepting your admittance to UTSA!
- UT Application Deadline: December 15
- UTSA First-Round Decisions Made (Applied 9/1-11/15): December 15
- FAFSA Priority Filing Date: February 1
- UTSA Second-Round Decisions Made (Applied 11/16-12/15): February 15
- UTSA Third-Round Decisions Made (Applied 12/16-2/15): March 24
- UTSA Application Deadline: April 26
- UTSA Final Decisions Made (2/16-4/26): April 28
- UT Confirmation Deadline: May 1
- New UTSA Application Deadline: May 15
- Fall Kick Off (Early Move-In): August 13-19
Who can participate?
- All first-year students admitted to UT are invited to participate in this program
- Complete program application
- Committed to academic and leadership excellence and the pillars of the UT Success Academy
- Customized four-year curriculum with individual success plans to help student scholars achieve their academic dreams
- Guaranteed $2,000 scholarship for up to four years, pending successful completion of program requirements
- Each year 25 student scholars will receive a paid education abroad trip
- Monthly Link Up events to engage the UT and Knoxville community
- Upper division peer coaching of first-year student scholars
What is required?
Program Curriculum & Requirements
Click here to view detailed program curriculum and requirements.
|Fall Kick-Off Institute: August 13-19||All-Paid Education Abroad||Scholarship Renewal Requirements|
|Student scholars will move into the residence halls three days early and participate in customized pre-orientation program.||After year two, 25 UTSA student scholars will be awarded a fully funded education abroad trip to understand leadership philosophy in a global setting and explore cultures, life experiences, and worldviews through service learning and cultural immersion activities||Maintain 2.50 GPA Program and Curriculum Participation|
|First Year: Understand your Strengths||Second Year: Build Your Strengths||Third & Fourth Years: Stretch Your Strengths|
|Student scholars will take a UTSA-focused first-year seminar course and receive peer coaching.||Student scholars will complete a weekly one-credit-hour seminar, tour industries to expand their career and networking opportunities, and utilize the services of the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration||Student scholars will further develop their strengths through pathway programs like peer coaching, careers, service learning and civic engagement, research, and more!|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the UT Success Academy!
In the News
Visit UTSA’s news page for blogs, stories, and updates!
It is the policy of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, that no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or in any way be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity of the University. Participation in the UT Success Academy is open to anybody, regardless of race, ethnicity or gender, if they are capable of facilitating the achievement of its objectives.
Discrimination based on age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status is prohibited.
Any person having a question regarding laws and regulations, or who feels discriminated against, is encouraged to contact UT’s Office of Equity and Diversity, 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37996, (865) 974-2498, or email@example.com.