In alignment with Goal One of UT’s Strategic Vision, the Retention Collaborative serves as a campus-wide team established to focus on strategic retention strategies and efforts geared to continuously improve the success of undergraduate students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Charged by Vice Provost for Student Success Amber Williams, the Retention Collaborative seeks to achieve the following goals.
- Serve, with the guidance of the Associate Vice Provost for Student Success, to review and analyze retention and persistence data.
- Develop outreach strategies to increase fall-to-spring and fall-to-fall persistence.
- Collaborate with colleges and academic support units to implement retention strategies.
The Retention Collaborative seeks to achieve its goals through innovative strategies including:
- Strategies to engage students during summer and winter breaks.
- Developing strategic program specific retention efforts.
- Reviewing and analyzing retention data to identify strategic opportunities.
- Miles Basehart – Assistant Director, University Housing Administration
- Melissa Brown – Director for Assessment, Student Life
- Ryan Carter – Associate Registrar
- Leonard Clemons – Chair; Associate Vice Provost of Student Success
- Denise Gardner – Assistant Provost & Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
- Stephanie Kit – Executive Director, Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration
- Kelsey Kyne – Chief Operating Officer, Student Success
- Brent Lamons – Director of Advising & Student Success, Herbert College of Agriculture
- Lisa Loar – Director of Care and Support, Dean of Students Office
- Julie Longmire – Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Programs and Advising, College of Communication & Information
- Dorian McCoy – Associate Professor & Associate Department Head, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, College of Education, Health, & Human Sciences
- Jessica Osborne – Director, Frist Year Programs
- Doug Renalds – Director, Academic Success Center
- Jada Russell – Director of Student Services, College of Nursing
- Philippa Satterwhite – Coordinator of Financial Wellness & Education
- Anne Skutnik – Director of Student Success, Tickle College of Engineering
- Lori Smith – Assistant Director of Disability Services
- Laura Stansell – Director, One Stop Student Services
- Laura Trainer – Advising Coordinator, the Haslam College if Business
- Javonda Williams – Professor & Associate Dean, College of Social Work
- April Wolford – Assistant Director of Financial Aid