The School for International Training (SIT) and the Office of Undergraduate Research & Fellowships (URF) are pleased to offer the SIT-URF Partner Award to support UT students participating in SIT study abroad programs. The partnership was created following discussions about the significant value of SIT programs for the student population served by the URF. SIT programs afford students non-traditional study abroad experiences, including intentional “on the ground” experiences in country, immersive language exposure, and experiential learning opportunities such as the ISP (independent study project). SIT programs are strong platforms for further global engagement, language training, and international undergraduate research experiences, and provide UT students with opportunities that will prepare them for future post-graduate experiences including nationally competitive opportunities like Fulbright, Boren, Critical Language Scholarship, Humanity in Action, and competitive graduate school programs and professional opportunities.
To be eligible for the SIT-URF Partner Award, students must:
- Be a full-time UT undergraduate student;
- Meet with URF staff to discuss the proposed SIT program and application;
- Meet all eligibility requirements for their selected SIT program;
- Submit a complete SIT application and coordinate with UT’s Programs Abroad Office to ensure all UT institutional processes are accommodated;
- Submit an online SIT-URF Partner Award application available HERE;
- Agree to complete at least one nationally competitive scholarship or fellowship application, post-SIT experience (Fulbright, UK/Ireland, etc);
- Make every reasonable effort to present their SIT independent study project (ISP) at either the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium or EUReCA.
- NOTE: This is a competitive application process; therefore, good application behavior is strongly encouraged. You are expected to submit strong and proofread applications in a timely fashion.
- Awards will be made on a rolling basis; however, please note that SIT programs are small and often fill quickly.
Terms of the Award:
- SIT-URF Partner Awards are available for up to $4000 for semester-long programs or $2000 for summer-long programs;
- SIT-URF Partner Awards can only be used for official SIT programs; they cannot be used for any other study or research abroad experience;
- Partner Awards are contingent on acceptance to your named SIT program. You cannot receive funding until you have been accepted to your chosen SIT program.
- Awards will be made based on the quality of the Partner Award application; consideration will be given to both the merit and financial need of each student applicant.
- Applications will be read by UT faculty and decisions made on a rolling basis.
All questions regarding the SIT-URF Partner Award should be directed to email@example.com.