The Global Community for Academic Advising provides its members with exemplary and innovative opportunities for professional development and personal growth. As a global community promoting student success through academic advising, our mission revolves around four interconnected key principles:
- We are inclusive, committed to offering all our members equitable opportunities for professional development and to fostering belongingness in the association.
- We are global, expanding our horizons by bringing together perspectives from around the world and collaborating with other organizations in the field of higher education.
- We promote a scholarly approach to academic advising, by stimulating research and enabling our members to connect theory to practice.
- We constitute a veritable community, based on mutual respect, encouragement, and support, thus providing an inviting and stimulating environment for professional development.
Click here to learn more about NACADA.
TASSR (Tennessee Association for Student Success and Retention) brings together college faculty, administrators, and academic support staff to achieve a common purpose: supporting students, regardless of preparation and life challenges, in pursuit of their educational goals. Through the annual statewide conference, the association journal, and regional events (TASSR on the Go), we provide members with opportunities to share their classroom practices, pedagogical theory, technological interventions, data, and success stories. We recognize and celebrate excellence through annual awards for outstanding faculty and students. Working collaboratively as a diverse and innovative group, TASSR advocates for education and the removal of barriers to achieving a college degree.
Click here to learn more about TASSR.
NASPA is the professional home for the field of student affairs. Together, we are dedicated to fulfilling the promise of higher education through our guiding principles of Integrity, Innovation, Inclusion, and Inquiry. We place students at the center of our work, serving the field through exceptional professional development, research to take on our biggest challenges, advocacy for inclusive and equitable practices and communities, and nurturing networks and pipelines to mentor, rejuvenate, and support.
Click here to learn more about NASPA.
The American College Personnel Association (ACPA) – headquartered in Washington, D.C. at the National Center for Higher Education, is the leading comprehensive student affairs association that advances student affairs and engages students for a lifetime of learning and discovery.
ACPA transforms higher education by creating and sharing influential scholarship, shaping critically reflective practice, and advocating for equitable and inclusive learning environments.
The mission of ACPA is founded on, and implements, the following core values of the Association.
- Education and development of the total student
- Diversity, multicultural competence and human dignity
- Inclusiveness in and access to association-wide involvement and decision-making
- Free and open exchange of ideas in a context of mutual respect
- Creation and distribution of knowledge relevant to college students and their learning, and the effectiveness of student affairs and student services professionals and their institutions
- Continuous professional development and personal growth of student affairs and student services professionals that includes the development of effective administrative leadership and management skills
- Outreach and advocacy on issues of concern to students, student affairs and student services professionals and the higher and tertiary education community, including affirmative action and other policy issues
Click here to learn more about ACPA.