Our Path Forward
September 5-6, 2023
The Call for proposals is now open!
Join your colleagues by leading an engaging and thoughtful conference session to advance the field of academic advising. The conference provides an opportunity to draw from our collective knowledge and reconnect with our community.
The Advising Professional Development Committee invites members of the academic advising and student success communities to submit program proposals that resonate with the conference theme of “Our Path Forward”.
While all proposals that connect with this broad theme will be considered, the committee is particularly interested to review submissions related to the following areas:
- Collaboration – Strategies that create cross-functional collaboration to enhance student support
- Innovation – Highlighting new student success strategies and solutions to support our scholars
- Inclusion – Efforts contributing to a university culture where everyone matters and belongs
Your proposal will be evaluated using the following standards:
- Contribution to the conference’s thematic areas
- Conceptually strong foundation
- Clearly stated learning outcomes
- Engaging program format that involves the audience and stimulates discussion
Conference proposals must include the following details:
- Program Title
- Program Theme
- Program Format & Summary
- Descriptive Summary
- Learning Outcomes
- Outline of Program Flow
- Technology Needs
- February 1: Call for proposals opens
- May 12: Program submission deadline
- May 26: Program notification
- May 31: Conference registration opens
- August 7: Conference schedule announcement
- August 21: Last day to register
- September 5: Pre-conference sessions
- September 6: Full conference
To submit a proposal, please upload a PDF version of your submission to the following link (https://forms.gle/bsH8ehdyeu4qUpvEA) no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on May 12th, 2023.