If you are ever unsure of who your assigned advisor is, there are a couple places you can look to find out.
Check your MyUTK.
- After logging in, you will see a box of information that has your name at the top and student-specific information.
- Within this box, you should see “Advisor” followed by the name of the person who is your current academic advisor.
- You can click the email icon next to their name to reach out to them directly via email.
Check your Vol Academic Connect (Navigate) account.
- After logging into your MyUTK, scroll down until you see a box titled “Student Success.”
- Within this box should be a hyperlink titled “Vol Academic Connect (Navigate).” Click on it. This will take you to your Vol Academic Connect homepage.
- In the bottom right corner of your screen, you should see a box titled “My Success Team” and one member of this team will be your Primary Advisor.
- If you click on their name, and it will let you email your advisor directly. These messages will go to your advisors inbox the same way any other email communication would.
If all else fails and you are still unable to identify who your assigned advisor is, please contact the appropriate College Advising Center based on your current major.
If you have additional questions regarding the advising process, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.