The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships purchased poster display boards for use during EURēCA and Discovery Day. The boards are available to other on-campus departments for rental when not in use; UTK faculty and staff can request a reservation using the form below.
Poster Board Specifications
- Displays come in 2 pieces that are stacked on top of each other to create the finished product in the picture.
- Each finished display has 3 sides that consist of 4 panels per side 23.5″ wide and 35.5″ tall.
- The overall Unit width x height x depth is 42.3″ x 71.0″ x 42.3″.
- Presenters may only use Velcro to attach posters to the boards. Tape, binder clips, pins, and stickers damage the boards and are prohibited. Those borrowing the boards are responsible for ordering/purchasing the Velcro needed with sufficient lead time before their event. We generally use this vendor, accessible through IRIS marketplace: VELCRO BRAND, Acrylic Adhesive, 7/8 in Dot Dia., Reclosable Fastener Shapes – 5JLC9|192335 – Grainger. Each poster will require at least 6 Velcro dots.
Responsibility of Renter
- The renter is responsible for pick-up and return of the units (from and back to the 4th floor of Melrose Hall). This responsibility includes scheduling facilities for both pick up and drop off and paying all associating moving costs.
- Boards may only be moved to locations facilities currently travels to/from.
- The renter agrees to use Velcro only as a means to attach posters to the display.
- Renter is responsible for the careful set up and break down of the boards.
- If boards are rented overnight, the renter is responsible for ensuring boards are maintained in a safe space.
- Boards may be used for UT-sponsored events only.
- Units must be returned by the date and time in the rental agreement.
- Units returned after the accepted return date will be assessed a $10 per day per unit fee.
- Damaged or lost units will be assessed a fee of $350 each to cover the cost of replacement.
- Renter is responsible for providing an account number at the time of reservation to be charged if boards are returned late or damaged; renter is responsible for clearing these policies with his/her/their supervisor and business manager.
Once we confirm your dates are available, we will provide instructions for picking up and returning the boards.
Display Board Rental Interest Form
Displays are available on an as available basis and are not guaranteed by completion of the rental interest form. The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships reserves the right to decline the rental request for any reason.