Call for 2022 Abstract Submissions for Student Representatives from UT
Open for submissions. Submit your abstract by December 13, 2021!
The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking abstract submissions from undergraduates to share their university research/scholarly experiences with lawmakers in Washington, D.C. for Posters on the Hill in spring 2022.
Hosted by the Council on Undergraduate Research, the event showcases 60 undergraduate students from campuses across the United States.
We are seeking undergraduates from all disciplines who have been significantly involved in the research enterprise of the university either with their own project or through meaningful involvement with an ongoing faculty project. To qualify for participation in this event, the undergraduate student researchers must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be full-time undergraduates at UTK during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Research projects must represent a significant investment of time by the student outside of normal course requirements and class projects.
- Research projects must follow the methodology of the appropriate academic discipline.
- The research project must be of sufficient quality to be presented at a professional academic meeting.
If selected by CUR to represent UT at an in-person event, the student(s) will receive:
- Transportation to and from Washington, D.C. for the event
- Hotel and meals *note POH 2022 is virtual and travel will not take place
- Meetings with congressional representatives during the event
- Tour of the capitol
- Press release to their local paper
- Two training sessions (poster presentation skills and legislative affairs)
Letters explaining the student’s absence from class for the event will be sent to appropriate instructors upon request.
The undergraduate student researchers are encouraged to request the assistance of their faculty research advisor in completing the application process, specifically the letter of recommendation. For additional information or questions, please contact email@example.com
The Office of Undergraduate Research is available to assist with your submission for this prestigious event. Contact our office to set-up an appointment.