Welcome, summer scholars! We look forward to seeing you and your research poster on July 25th, 2023. This event will be open to the public for viewing. All summer scholars are welcome to present!
Presenter Participation Schedule
- Monday, July 17th, 11:59 PM EST – Registration (Abstract & Title) Deadline
- Thursday, July 20th, 11:59 PM EST – Symposium (Poster Upload) Deadline
- Tuesday, July 25th at 1:00 PM EST – Summer Research Scholars Symposium
Event Schedule – July 25th, 2023
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm: Students check in at the Jack E. Reese Galleria, Hodges Library first floor
- 1:00 – 1:15 pm: Opening remarks, Jack E. Reese Galleria
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm: Poster presentations
- The recommended poster printing size is 36″ x 42″ on paper. Velcro tabs will be provided for attaching your poster to the display board.
- Please upload a copy of your poster to Symposium using this link. Digital files should be in PDF format no larger than 10 MB.
- Illustrations (diagrams, photographs, figures, etc.) should be sized and lettered to be legible from a distance of three feet. Illustrations should be simple, colorful, well labeled, and neat.
- You may not post your printed research paper in lieu of a poster.
- Optional poster templates are available as a PowerPoint download.
- A helpful guide to printing at the UT Libraries.
*If you are a student engaged in research through funding from our office (ex- SURGE, AURA, FRAF, DRA), this is NOT the mandatory event required as part of the program. The mandatory poster presentation event for those programs is Discovery Day.
Past Summer Research Scholars Symposiums