Need help deciding on a major or career? You’re not alone!
Data suggests more than one-third of students change their majors and less than ten percent report knowing a great deal about their intended careers. The Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration can help! Staff will guide you through the career decision-making process.
Identify interests, skills, personality, and values
Research majors and careers
- What can I do with this major? – Identify typical employers and strategies for entering more than 90 fields
- Majors and Careers by Assessment Results – Evaluate UT majors categorized by assessment results
- Catalog – Review course descriptions and start an online portfolio of UT majors and classes of interest
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Learn job tasks, career paths, job outlook, and similar occupations
- ONET – Browse by job family to compare work tasks, skills, education, training, and credentials
- Career One Stop – Search occupational profiles including industry growth and wage data by state
- CandidCareer – Watch informational video interviews featuring industry professionals
Test and evaluate options
Create a plan and monitor progress