This information is for students who received a letter from the Registrar at the end of Fall 2021 term discussing your academic standing. If your letter indicates that you have been academically dismissed and lists “Dismissal Reinstatement” as an option, you are invited to participate in a program called Dismissal Reinstatement. Dismissal Reinstatement represents a change in the UT dismissal policy that allows continued enrollment, instead of having to sit out or remain away from UT, for students who meet certain academic criteria.
Dismissal Reinstatement allows students to continue enrollment at UT, but it does not return students to their original college; catalog statements from the colleges of Engineering, Nursing, Business, Architecture or Education declare that a student dismissed while in that college cannot return to that college. Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) Coaches in the Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration can help you choose and plan a new academic program. Click here to access the Academic and Career Exploration intake form to schedule an appointment.
The goal of Dismissal Reinstatement is to help you increase your academic skills, improve your GPA, and return to good academic standing. Dismissal Reinstatement requires your participation in resource engagement such as academic coaching and academic support workshops.
If you would like to preview the Dismissal Reinstatement Form before beginning, click this link. (This PDF is for viewing only. In order to apply for Dismissal Reinstatement, you must submit the online form via the link provided in the following sentence). Click here to submit your dismissal reinstatement enrollment form. The deadline to submit your dismissal reinstatement enrollment form is Tuesday, January 18th at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
- no previous academic dismissals; and
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 1.50 or higher; and
- 15 or fewer deficiency points.
To participate in this program, you must submit the online Dismissal Reinstatement enrollment form no later than Tuesday, January 18th at 11:59pm eastern time. You must be advised by January 18th, even if you have had a prior advising appointment.
- Meet with an academic advisor or ACE coach by January 18th to plan or rework your Spring 2022 schedule. Because your dismissal may have changed things, this must be a new meeting.
- Participate in at least three (3) academic coaching appointments (one each month – January/February, March, and April) during your spring enrollment.
- Complete four (4) modules on Canvas for Dismissal Reinstatement. A new module will be available each month of the semester.
To continue uninterrupted enrollment beyond Spring 2022, you must achieve one of the following at the end of the summer:
- Return to good standing with both term and cumulative GPAs above a 2.00, allowing you to continue enrollment in good standing; or,
- Earn at least a 2.00 term GPA, allowing you to continue enrollment on academic probation. To continue uninterrupted enrollment thereafter, you would need at least a 2.00 term GPA in subsequent semesters until you return to good standing.
- Contact One Stop for all information on costs, financial aid, and billing.
- As discussed under “One Stop” in the Next Steps to DR Enrollment document above, there is no difference between a Dismissal Reinstatement student and any other UT undergraduate student with regard to tuition or other costs and options (housing, dining, etc.).