- June 1 deadline for readmission for fall
- November 1 deadline for readmission for spring
- April 1 deadline for readmission for summer
If you are returning to UT following a second academic dismissal, you must meet the deadline for readmission above, and you must appeal for readmission by meeting the following criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 12 semester credits of academic coursework with at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average from accredited institution(s) of higher education.
- Meet with the Undergraduate Council Appeals Committee to present evidence that you are capable of performing at the level required to meet university academic standards and can complete all degree requirements within a reasonable length of time.
- Contact the Student Success Center at 865-974-6641 two semesters prior to your proposed date of return, to discuss the timing for the appeals committee meeting.
The Appeals Committee serves as a standing subcommittee of the Undergraduate Council. Comprised of faculty, staff, and students, this committee is charged by the council to represent the highest level of shared governance with authority over most undergraduate academic appellate matters. An opinion rendered by the Appeals Committee is considered to be fair, thorough, and final.