Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Applying for Benefits

Transfer Students

If you are already receiving education benefits at another institution and are transferring to UT please visit the VA website to update your current institution to UT.  Please submit your form online through the VA.

New Students

To apply for education benefits through the department of US Veterans Affairs please visit their website or call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Our office works with the US Department of Veterans Affairs to apply and process education benefits under the following chapters. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

  1. Chapter 33 Post 9/11 education benefits
  2. Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement
  3. Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
  4. Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve GI Bill®
  5. Chapter 1607 Reserve Education Assistance
  6. Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance
  7. Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP)
  8. Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation
  9. The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)
  10. National Testing Program
    Advancing your education often requires you to take costly national tests. You may be eligible for reimbursement from VA. Please click the link above to find out which tests are approved for reimbursement.
  11. Non-College Degree Programs
    VA education benefits can pay for Non-College Degree Programs. Please click on the link above for more information. A variety of Non-College Degree Programs are available through UT, at our conference center located in downtown Knoxville. Visit our office of professional development’s website and view offered programs. Not all programs are available for VA education benefit funding. Please check with the program coordinator or the Veterans Success Center for more information.