Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Transition Advising

Transition Advising
The University Transition program is housed within the Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration. Students in the program are advised by Academic & Career Exploration (ACE) Coaches who provide integrated academic and career planning support. Students may only enter the University Transition program if they are continuing students who become ineligible for their declared major. Students must declare a major after one full semester in the University Transition program. The University Transition program is not available for transfer nor readmitted students. The program includes two tracks:


University Early Transition

This program is for student with less than 60 credit hours.


University Advanced Transition

This program is for students with 60 or more credit hours.


Transition Advising Appointments

Students referred to transition advising must first complete the Academic & Career Exploration Intake Form. The request will be reviewed to determine eligibility for transition advising. Sometimes students are referred to exploration appointments or directly to new advising centers to declare. Refer to the appointments page to learn how to schedule appointments. 

Note: If you are currently assigned an Academic & Career Exploration (ACE) Coach, do not complete this form; please contact your ACE Coach directly to request an appointment.


Academic and Career Exploration Coaches

 Academic & Career Exploration (ACE) Coaches provide transition advising services for undergraduates. Learn more about the Academic & Career Exploration Coaches by clicking on their profiles here.