We have a number of resources that can assist you whether you are working on the third version of your resume/cover letter or writing one for the first time.
For a comprehensive guide on how to write resumes and cover letters, you can click on the “Vol Guide to Resume Writing” link below. The guide includes information on formatting, content, and overall tips when preparing your documents.
For a short overview of resumes and cover letters for college grads, view this video.
Once you have a draft of your resume or cover letter the next step is to have it critiqued. The Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration offers both drop-in critiques and scheduled critiques.
- For a quick, basic critique, no appointment is necessary, and you can come in and be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check the drop-in hours schedule in the right sidebar on this page.
- Sessions are roughly 15 minutes long.
- Bring a hard copy of your resume or cover letter.
- For a more in-depth critique, you can schedule an appointment with a career coach designated to your major area of study.
- Appointments can last between 30 minutes to one hour.
- To schedule an appointment, call 865-974-5435 or stop by the center’s reception desk Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.